Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hannah's Picks

eReaderRecon.com is pleased to welcome Author H.M. Jones to our team.  She is the author of Monochrome, a dark journey through an incredible alter universe with Abigail and Ishmael.  I recently read this novel and gave it a 5 star review:

Amazon $2.99



"I have two copies of this wonderful book: the first was given to me in exchange for a fair and honest review, the second I paid for seconds after finishing the first.  I believe exceptional literature should be appreciated and paid for.  Ms. Jones has written a dark, Alice in Wonderland styled story that will touch your heart with the characters plight and perhaps, if you're like me, have you start your own journey of introspection.  Once I began this unique exploration I could not stop, reading the book in only a couple of sittings.  I believe any reader would find it difficult to do otherwise.
The main characters, Abigail and Ishmael, were very well developed, making me feel as if I'd known them for years, and I probably have in the cluster of people I associate with.  I loved the way they were flawed with real problems but different points of view.  The challenge, a woman's battle with depression following the birth of a child, is written by an author who obviously knows what she is talking about, however, I will not speculate if she is speaking from personal experience or not, but there is truth to her words.  This reader found himself thinking about the story and the pair's trials well after putting the novel aside.
The place, Monochrome, is so one-of-a-kind that any description I might give it will pale by comparison.  Suffice it to say that the descriptive writing is done, as if by a veteran novelist and not the debut workings of a self-published author.  The Traders, Nightmares and other characters Abigail and Ishmael meet along their way, add depth to an already deep story and made it one that I will likely read again, for me, a rarity.
Who should read this?  It's certainly too much for children, but young adults, adults and anyone who loves a well-written story with a blend of fantasy should read this novel.  As other reviewers have suggested, if you have ever been touched by depression or just need a bit of soul searching yourself, this is a literary adventure that is calling your name."


Hannah's Picks


No comments:

Post a Comment